It's officially Splendour season and we are beyond excited to welcome our favourite festival back after a two year hiatus. If you haven't been to Splendour in the Grass before, you've got to add this festival to your bucket list! It's a combination of international headline acts, Aussie home grown favourites, arts and crafts and fashion - a festival utopia!
You'll find yourself exploring the Global Village, getting lost in the Tipi Forest and dancing your way from stage to stage, getting amongst the mosh and up close with your favourite act in the front row or sitting back at the top of the amphitheatre and watching the sunset. These are the times of our lives!
This year we have a very special surprise for our Bazaar Babes! We will be hosting our very own pre Splendour party with our good friends Fallen Broken Street, Azteca Margarita and Mr Vintage. And you're all invited to 'The Good Ole Hoedown'!
SPLENDOUR IN THE GRASS
MUST SEE ACTS
It's never too early to start the party! Let us get you in the mood with our Splendour Season playlist. Listen now.
Festival Style Tips
As our team at NLB HQ is filled with vintage lovers, style queens and festival veterans, we put together our festival styling tips to get you ready for the dance floor!
Ness - Co-founder
- Separates and layers allow you to maximise your outfit. More is always more!
- Wear tassels to make the dance floor more fun!
- Wear some form of headwear (a vintage scarf or hat) to tie the whole look together.
Karys - Marketing Specialist
- Comfy shoes so you can dance the night away!
- Have fun with your styling - festivals are an opportunity where absolutely anything goes. Be creative, have fun & wear something that you might not on a regular weekend outing!
Kat - Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
- A Penny Lane jacket is always essential! Splendour gets so cold after the sun sets!
- My friends and I always like to play dress ups and have a theme. It's always so much fun co-ordinating with the girls and it always looks super cute in photos!
- Sparkles! I'll always finish off with a sprinkle of glitter (eco of course!).
Jess - Customer Care & Office Assistant
- Take a walk on the wild side - when attending a festival, don't be afraid to go all out! It's not often you have the opportunity to be this creative. I believe the way you dress impacts the way you feel!
- DIY - I find making my own accessories or upcycling outfits, whether it be adding jewels or paint is a super fun way to prepare for a festival. This way you can be unique and know your outfit is exclusive.
- Select a theme/outfit - find a theme, main outfit or colour and then accessorise based on your fit. You will find it much easier to piece an outfit together.
- Accessorise - incorporate accessories flowing from from head to toe. I try to avoid bringing attention to one area and ensure I balance accessories to achieve an overall look.
- Try your proposed outfit on (or a few) before the event - take photos to see the overall look, you can slide through the photos and easily see what is working or what needs to go. Once you have it all confirmed, pop all the accessories and outfit into a separate bag so you don't forget anything on the day!
- Dress to the conditions - the weather can either make or break your experience. For winter festivals I place a thermal underneath my outfit and wear a big coat.
Stella - Marketing Assistant
- Wear something that's easy to go to the toilet in. The Mustang jumpsuit is perfect for this!
- Take a bag and ensure that it's big enough for all the essentials - glitter, film camera and a water bottle.
- Make sure your outfit is dance floor appropriate, it needs to have flexibility and enough length for you to comfortably get down and groove!